Compassionate Pediatric Dentistry
David C. Wood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, located in the heart of Carmel, IN, extends an open door and a caring dental team to patients of all ages. Since 2016, we have been serving children and their families with compassionate care and gentle dental exams. When it’s time to request your next pediatric dentistry appointment, call our friendly office at (317) 844-0592.
Family-Friendly Cleanings & Exams
As your pediatric dentist, we believe that each child needs to become familiar with the dentist’s office early on so they will be comfortable with each future visit. This is why we take our time and perform thorough cleanings and careful examinations for the youngest of our patients.REQUEST APPOINTMENT
During your child’s appointments, we do the following:
- Perform a clinical examination of the teeth and check for tooth decay or abnormal conditions.
- Conduct a soft tissue examination in the tissues in and around the mouth, face, and neck.
- Take and examine any necessary x-rays.
- Remove all tartar and plaque, polish and floss the teeth, and apply topical fluoride.
- Examine the effectiveness of tooth brushing and inform you and your child how to better care for the teeth and gums.
- Assess the necessity to place sealants on back teeth to prevent decay.
- Evaluate and give advice regarding orthodontic correction.
Effective Oral Hygiene For Children
If your child is too young or unable to properly maintain their own oral health, during their dental visit we provide child-friendly oral hygiene instructions on how they can take care of their teeth and gums.REQUEST APPOINTMENT
A few of the reminders we offer to you and your family are:
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- A pea-size amount of fluoride toothpaste is all you need.
- Floss daily between your teeth.
- When you want a snack, choose a healthy food like vegetables, yogurt, nuts, and cheese.
- Ask Mom or Dad for help whenever you need it.
Choose David C. Wood Family & Cosmetic Dentistry For Your Family
Our dental team is pleased to bring quality pediatric dental care to Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, and the neighboring cities. Call our friendly office at (317) 844-0592 to request your child’s next dentist appointment today. If your child needs specialized dental work, our expert team can also offer pediatric services such as cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry, restorative care, periodontal treatment, TMD & TMJ treatment, sleep apnea treatment, full mouth rehabilitation, and invisalign appliances.