Reliable Family Dentistry
Are you looking for a knowledgeable family dentist in the Carmel, IN area? David C. Wood Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is dedicated to providing in-depth exams and preventative care for the best possible oral health of our patients. Request your appointment today by calling (317) 844-0592.REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Comprehensive Dental Exams
Our dental team knows the importance of thorough cleanings and exams to prevent any major medical issues with your oral health. At your first appointment, Dr. Wood and his licensed dental hygienists perform a comprehensive exam that includes:
- Clinical examination of the teeth and existing restorations to check for cracks, tooth decay, and abnormal conditions.
- Take any necessary dental x-rays to detect tooth decay, loss of the bone supporting the teeth, and abnormal conditions in the bone.
- Periodontal examination to check the gums and bone around the teeth for any indication of gum disease.
- Oral cancer screening examination to detect abnormalities in the tissues in and around the mouth, face, and neck.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) screening examination.
- Evaluation of the patient’s symptoms and attention to the patient’s concerns relating to their teeth or other oral structures.
Effective Teeth Cleanings
Prevention is one of the most effective ways to keep poor oral health at bay. Scheduling and keeping your routine six-month checkup are vital to maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
Our Thorough Teeth Cleanings Include:
- Remove dental plaque and tartar, which causes gingivitis, gum disease, and tooth decay.
- Polish and floss teeth to remove stains and debris.
- Apply topical fluoride when necessary.
- Perform an oral cancer screening examination.
- Take and examine any necessary x-rays.
- Diagnose any evidence of periodontal disease.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction to let you know how to better care for your teeth and gums between regular appointments.
Premiere Family Dentistry Practice in Carmel
Do your part in keeping your mouth strong and healthy. Request an appointment today by calling our office at (317) 844-0592. Our family dental clinic is based in Carmel, IN, but also serves Fishers, Zionsville, and all nearby areas. We gladly serve patients of all ages with our wide array of services – cosmetic dentistry, TMD & TMJ treatment, sleep apnea treatment, implant dentistry, restorative care, periodontal treatment, oral surgery and extractions, full mouth rehabilitation, and dentures and partials.