Our Dental Assistants
Our dental assistants work closely with Dr. Wood and our patients during their dental visits. They assist the doctor in restorative and cosmetic procedures. Our assistants are friendly and highly knowledgeable, and they make patient comfort a priority. They are available to answer questions about any type of dental service. They provide pillows, blankets, lip balm, or headphones during appointments for the comfort of the patients. They work diligently to ensure that patients have the best possible dental experience when visiting our office.Back to Our Team
Office Coordinator / Expanded Duties Dental Assistant
“We work well as a team at Dr. Wood’s office. Everyone is dedicated to providing excellent dentistry and patient care, and Dr. Wood is committed to providing his patients with the highest quality of dentistry.”
Jodi is a Central Indiana native and has been working as a dental assistant for more than 25 years. She assists the doctor during patient procedures, prepares treatment rooms, coordinates patient treatment and appointments with specialists’ offices, and places dental sealants and other restorations.
When Jodi is not at the dental office, she can be found spending time with her husband Todd and their two Irish setter boys, Charlie and Duke. She also likes working outside and reading.
- Education: Certificate in Dental Assisting from Professional Careers Institute in 1986
- Certificate in Expanded Restorative Procedures from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1996
- Certificate in Caries Prevention Procedures for Dental Auxiliaries from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 2015
- Certificate in Coronal Polishing Procedures for Dental Auxiliaries from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 2015
- License in Dental Radiology, Certified in CPR
- Started in Dentistry: 1986
- Fun Fact: Jodi is a NASCAR fan and always cheers for Tony Stewart.
“I love working in an office that puts patient care above all else. Changing a patient’s self-esteem by creating a new and beautiful smile is the reason I still love dental assisting after so many years in the profession.”
Jessica was born in Mishawaka, Indiana, and grew up in South Bend. She has been a dental assistant since 1996, and began working for Dr. Wood in 2016. She assists the doctor during clinical procedures, prepares treatment rooms, sterilizes dental instruments and assists the dental hygienists when necessary. Jessica also places dental sealants and other restorations.
Outside of the office, Jessica enjoys riding bikes on the Monon and Fort Benjamin Harrison trails. She likes concerts, hiking, and walking on the canal. A self-proclaimed “small town girl,” she loves music and fairs, and Notre Dame Football.
- Education: Attended Indiana University South Bend
- Certificate in Coronal Polishing and Caries Prevention for Dental Assistants from Ivy Tech Community College in 2013
- Licensed in Radiology, Certified in CPR
- Started in Dentistry: 1996
- Fun Fact: Jessica speaks a little Spanish, and loves trivia.