Dentistry for Children
David Wood Family Dentistry is located in the heart of Carmel, Indiana, and we see patients of all ages. We believe it is important to allow your children to become familiar with the dental office early on so that they will be comfortable with future visits.
To learn more about our services for children, contact us today by calling (317) 844-0592. We look forward to seeing your smile!
For more information about dentistry for children, we encourage you to visit the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry website.
- Perform a clinical examination of the teeth and existing restorations to check for tooth decay and any abnormal conditions.
- Conduct a soft tissue examination in order to detect abnormalities in the tissues in and around the mouth, face, and neck.
- Take and examine any necessary x-rays.
- Remove any tartar and plaque, polish and floss the teeth, and apply topical fluoride.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of tooth brushing, and let you and your child know how to better care for the teeth and gums between checkups.
- Evaluate the necessity to place sealants to help prevent decay on back teeth.
- Evaluate and give advice regarding the advisability of orthodontic correction (braces).